The Universal Binary Sensor is a unique wireless module for enhancing the functionality of any existing binary output system. The sensor enable such devices to communicate wirelessly with the FIBARO smart home system.
The module also functions as a wireless temperature sensor system when connected to the DS18B20 temperature sensors. Each module can service up to two binary sensors and four DS18B20 temperature sensors. The Sensor was designed for installation inside the housing of another device whose functionality is to be enhanced (e.g. an alarm PIR sensor).
The Universal Binary Sensor is ideally suited for the wireless collection of data from other sensors. Once the appropriate additional safety housing have been installed, the sensor can be used in areas with high humidity and temperature.
The sensor is often used for integrating the FIBARO system with existing alarm and measurement systems. Its sits in line and is completely transparent to the instrumented system thus allowing it to function normally as before.
- Controlled with FIBARO system devices or any Z-Wave controller
- Compatible with regular and parametric alarm lines (can be connected to 2 alarm detectors)
- Compatible with binary sensors (can be connected to 2 binary outputs)
- Compatible with DS18B20 temperature sensors (can be connected to four DS18B20 temperature sensors)
- Supply voltage: 9-30v DC ±10%
- Input: 2 potential-free inputs, 1 digital input 1-wire
- Output: 2 potential-free outputs
- Maximum current carrying capacity of outputs: 150mA
- Maximum voltage at output contacts: 36v DC / 24v AC ±5%
- Operating temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Number of servicing temperature sensors: 4
- Measurement range: -55 °C - +126 °C
- Radio protocol: Z-Wave
- Radio frequency: 868.4 MHz EU
- Range: up to 30 m in buildings (depending on the construction materials) up to 50 m in the field
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.5 x 27.3 x 12 mm
what is Fibaro?
The FIBARO System is the most advanced wireless solution in the home automation market. The aesthetic style of the modules and sensors combined with how small they are provides you with the flexibility to place them anywhere in your home with minimal disruption to the existing décor.
The wireless nature of the system means it can be retrofitted at any time so you can enjoy the benefits of having a smarter home now without the need to go through expensive renovations. The modular approach of FIBARO allows you to start small and grow as your needs change.
FIBARO has a clear, simple and user-friendly interface that allows you to monitor and control all aspects of your home. The user has the ability to remotely control the FIBARO system from anywhere in the world using their phone, tablet or computer via the FIBARO apps for Apple and Android devices.
Why Buy From TECH4
- EXPERT ADVICE You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
- FREE DELIVERY On Orders Over £89 - Read more
- 30 DAY RETURNS For Any Reason - Read more
- APPROVED Retailers For Top Brands
- LOYALTY CLUB Save On Future Orders - Join Now For FREE
- EXTENDED WARRANTIES On Certain Products
We are a small team fanatical about all things tech. You can easily contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02392 006118.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.