HOODY is a range of Fire and Acoustic speaker hoods that will bring all your installations into conformity with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings and walls.
The regulation states that once a hole has been made in a buildings fabric for a speaker the integrity of its construction and its ability to perform in a fire is significantly reduced.
HOODY2 meets all the UK building and IEE Regulations. HOODY is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 7″ to 10″ designs.
Hoody, due to its acoustic construction will also stop a large amount of backwards sound leakage from the speakers to adjacent rooms, making in-ceiling speaker installation below a child’s bedroom for example, achievable.
We suggest an Acoustic Fire hood is fitted to all in-ceiling speaker locations, but it’s a requirement for all in-ceiling speakers that are installed in or adjacent to habitable rooms or within a location of access or escape.
- Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void and retains ceiling’s fire protection integrity
- Reduces speaker sound leakage to floors above
- Acoustic rated for compliance with document E of the building regulations
- Lightweight & flexible cover can be fitted from below or above the ceiling
- Installed in seconds and maintenance free
- Can be used for retro fit or new build installations
- Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings
- Dimensions: 335mm x 180mm
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- Fully meets UK building Regulations BS476 Part 23 relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004
Why Buy From Tech4
- EXPERT ADVICE You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
- FREE DELIVERY On Orders Over £49 - Read more
- 30 DAY RETURNS For Any Reason - Read more
- APPROVED Retailers For Top Brands
- LOYALTY CLUB Save On Future Orders - Join Now For FREE
- EXTENDED WARRANTIES On Certain Products
We are a small team fanatical about all things tech. You can easily contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02392 006118.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.