Keene IR Anywhere IR Over IP Module (RS232)
The is the latest addition to the Keene IR Anywhere family. As with other models in the KIRA family, it enables IR commands to be sent via local IP network or internet and additionally has support for RS232 control.
The KIRA RS232 is similar to the KIRA128 except that the jack socket for an external IR receiver has been replaced with an RS232 port. It still has an on-board IR receiver should you need it. In addition to the ability to send stored IR codes when triggered by IP commands it will also send stored IR codes when triggered by Keene defined ASCII commands via RS232.
When used in conjunction with a CTX35 it can also be used to control X10 modules.
The KIRARS232 can function as:
- IR to TCP/IP bridge
- RS232 to TCP/IP bridge
- TCP/IP to RS232 (for the CTX35 X10 bridge)
- RS232 to IR (stored codes)
- RS232 disabled (function as KIRA128)
- Supports baud 2400, 9600, 19200, 57600, 115200
The KIRARS232 can act as an IR receiver, and will convert the received signal to packet data and send that data to a predetermined IP address (usually another IR Anywhere module). The receiving module will then decode the data and re-transmit the IR as originally received. The IR Anywhere modules can be software configured as either a receiver, a target or stand-alone. They will operate via LAN, and also via WAN assuming firewall and routers are correctly configured.
The KIRARS232 is also capable of storing up to 128 IR codes in local memory. These codes can then be accessed and triggered by by any device with web browser capability from local network or internet. For example this image shows an iPhone browsing one the IRCM's internal web pages of stored IR commands
Over IP Module (RS232)
- Control IR equipment via local network or anywhere in the world via internet
- You can use Apple/Android remote apps to talk to this device and control your IR kit from your phone
- 128 memory locations to store IR codes onto the module.
- RS232 port
Why Buy From Tech4
- EXPERT ADVICE You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
- FREE DELIVERY On Orders Over £49 - Read more
- 30 DAY RETURNS For Any Reason - Read more
- APPROVED Retailers For Top Brands
- LOYALTY CLUB Save On Future Orders - Join Now For FREE
- EXTENDED WARRANTIES On Certain Products
We are a small team fanatical about all things tech. You can easily contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02392 006118.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.