Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has a Split-Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone.
Meet Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.
Thinks, before it speaks.
Nest Protect has a friendly human voice that gives you an early warning. That way you can handle burning toast before it becomes a burning toaster.
Tells you where the danger is.
And when one speaks, they all speak. So the alarm in your bedroom can tell you there’s smoke downstairs.
Sees both fast and slow burning fires.
The foam and particle board in much of today’s furniture make fires burn faster. Technology should keep up. The Split‑Spectrum Sensor uses two wavelengths of light to detect smoke from both fast-burning and smouldering fires.
10-year CO sensor.
Carbon monoxide is poisonous but you can’t see it or smell it. That’s why Nest Protect has the most accurate type of carbon monoxide sensor available. We also improved our carbon monoxide sensing algorithm. And we’ll keep working to make it better and better because people depend on it.
Thoughtful, not annoying.
Tests itself: You’re supposed to test smoke alarms monthly. But 9 out of 10 people don’t. So Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day. And it’s the first alarm that uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month.
Lights your way: If you need a glass of milk in the middle of the night, Nest Protect lights up as you walk underneath it. Pathlight is one of our customers’ favourite features so we made it better and brighter.
Steam is not smoke:Has your alarm ever yelled at you for taking a shower? Nest Protect is the only alarm with Steam Check. It uses custom algorithms and a humidity sensor to look for steam, so you can enjoy a nice, quiet shower.
Count sheep, not chirps.
No one should be woken up by a low-battery chirp at 2 a.m. When you turn off the lights, look for a quick green glow. That’s our Nightly Promise. It means all your Nest Protects have tested themselves, the batteries are good, and there won’t be any chirps. Sweet dreams.
It’s on your ceiling. And on your phone.
App Silence: Hush alarms with your phone, not your dish towel. If everything’s under control and there’s only a little smoke, quiet down the alarm from the Nest app.
Phone alerts: Everyone in your family can know what’s going on, from anywhere. When something’s wrong, Nest Protect sends everyone an alert in case no one’s home.
No chirps: Tired of getting woken up at 2 a.m. by your smoke alarm? Long before it has to chirp, Nest Protect tells you its batteries are running low with a message on your phone.
Safety Checkup: Test all your alarms with a tap. And once the test is done, you’ll get a full report.
Family Accounts: Everyone in the family can have their own Nest Account. No more sharing a password. You can all use your phone to hush and test alarms. And you’ll all get alerts on your phone if something’s wrong at home.
- Six long-life AA
- Energizer® Ultimate
- Lithium batteries
- Voice alarms with custom location
- Split‑Spectrum Sensor
- Detects carbon monoxide
- 10-year product lifetime
- Heads-Up alerts
- Sound Check
- Nightly Promise
- Steam Check
- Self Test
- Wireless Interconnect
- Emergency Shutoff with Nest Learning Thermostat
- Emergency clip record with Nest Cam
- Home Report
- Nest app
- Carbon monoxide
- Sensor failure
- App Silence
- Safety Checkup
- Safety History
- What To Do
- English (US, UK)
- French (Canada, France)
- Split‑Spectrum Sensor, 450nm and 880nm wavelength
- 10 year electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- Heat sensor, ± 1.8°F (± 1°C)
- Humidity sensor, ± 3%RH
- Occupancy sensor, 120° field of view to 20 fee
- Ambient light sensor, 1-100k Lux Dynamic Range
- Omnidirectional microphone, 70dBA SNR
Speaker, Horn and light ring
- 2 Watt Speaker
- Horn: 85dB SPL at 10 feet (3 m)
- RGB colour ring with 6 LEDs
Size and Weight
- Height: 5.3 inches (13.4 cm)
- Width: 5.3 inches (13.4 cm)
- Depth: 1.5 inch (3.85 cm)
- Mass: 13.9 ounces (379 g)
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
- Working Wi-Fi connection: 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
- Wireless Interconnect: 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- The alarm should not be installed in locations where the normal ambient temperature is below 40°F (4°C) or exceeds 100°F (38°C).
- Humidity range: 20%RH to 80%RH (non condensing).
- Nest Protect (Battery)
- Six long-life batteries
- (Energizer® Ultimate Lithium “L91” AA)
- Four screws
- User’s Guide and Welcome Guide